Classmate Interview Blog

  This week I had the opportunity to interview one of my fellow classmates. For my interview, I picked questions to ask that I felt would allow me to get to know my classmate the best. The classmate in which I had the pleasure to interview was Ms. Bilyndria Lewis. The following are the questions that I asked Bilyndria and the responses that she provided. 

When and where were you born? 

  • The first question that I asked Bilyndria was when and where was she born, she stated that she was born on October 18th,1989 in Fort Worth, Texas. 

What is your favorite color? 

  • A person’s favorite colors reveal a lot about what a person likes and why, so I asked Bilyndria what her favorite color was, and she responded with two colors which are red and yellow. 

What is the best advice you were ever given? 

  • When asked what was the best advice that she was ever given Bilyndria responded, “To keep God first in everything that she does”. 

What is your top five favorite tv shows? 

  • I feel that the shows that a person watch reveals a lot about their personality and interests so I asked Bilyndria what her five favorite shows was; she admitted that she personally didn’t watch a whole lot of tv but if she had to choose favorites, they would be Baby Daddy, Sistas, and Manifest. 

What are your current hobbies? 

  • I felt that knowing what Bilyndria was into right now was important, so I asked her what her current hobbies were in which she responded were reading books, listening to music, spending time with her children, and going out with them. 

Do you have any special talents? 

  • I decided to dig a little deeper and ask her if she had any special or hidden talents, she responded by saying that she would consider her special talents to be creative writing/ talented writing; in perspective to writing stories and poetry. 

Who has been your greatest influence? 

  • Next, I wanted to know who had been the greatest influence in Bilyndria life; who had she been inspired by the most, she stated that her children were her greatest influence. She explained that her children have set the structure of her life. She went on to say that that her children have determined how she lives her life and everything she does is centered around them. 

What is your dream job? 

  • I felt that it was important to know what type of goals Bilyndria wanted to explore career wise, so I asked her what her dream job was, she responded by saying that her dream job was somewhere along the lines of doing talk radio, hosting a talk show, scriptwriting, or being an influencer that changes the game. 

What book have you read that has changed your life? 

  • I feel that books like tv shows reveal a great deal about a person’s character, so I asked Bilyndria if she had read any books that had changed her life, she responded with a book she was currently reading entitled, “My God Today”. This book is a faith-filled devotional which she reads every day. 

What qualities do you look for when making friends? 

  • Lastly, the question that I asked Bilyndria was what qualities in a person do you look for when making friends; she responded by saying that she looks for people that are friendly, which means people who aren’t afraid to announce themselves and speak to others. She also said that the people should have good hearts, be humble, and show themselves as nice. 

If I had more time the three questions that I would ask are: 

Where do you hope to be in your life in five years? 

What are your three favorite top places that you’ve traveled? 

Is there anything you would change about yourself? 

I felt that these additional questions would be great to ask to get a deeper and more personal perspective of who Bilyndria is.  

In conclusion, I feel that that through the interview that I conducted, I know Bilyndria a great deal better. While doing this interview, Bilyndria and I realized that we have many things in common. Bilyndria is the first classmate that I’ve gotten to know about since I’ve been in college. I feel that being in an online class is very impersonal in many ways. There are not many assignments in which students are able to collaborate in such a way that allows them to get to know each other in such a one-on-one way but this assignment really helped to eliminate that feeling of isolation which was great.  

Comments